Simple Roasted Chicken

I tried this recipe for roasted chicken tonight and it was SO good. Nothing was left.

♦One whole chicken
♦One lemon
♦Assorted fresh herbs. (I used sage, thyme, and tarragon, but whatever you like...)
♦salt and pepper
♦butter or olive oil
♦garlic clove

Preheat oven to 450.
Take out the neck piece from the chicken and rinse chicken thoroughly. If someone comes up with a good something something for the neck piece, let me know but so far it goes in the garbage.

Pat outside of chicken dry with paper towel. This is important because the outside won't get crispy if it's wet.

Coat chicken with butter or olive oil.
Salt and pepper.
Stuff fresh herbs into cavity.
Stab lemon repeatedly with knife to allow juice to steam out.
Insert entire stabbed lemon into cavity.
Tie legs (I didn't and it turned out fine)

Put in roasting dish. I used my pyrex cake/baking dish.

Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 20 min. to brown top.
Turn down to 350 degrees and bake 15 minutes per lb.


YUM!!!

Comments

Popular Posts